As per my memory....today is the rainiest day in Abidjan. It started raining in the dawn and it's still raining now with no sign to stop soon. Its already 6 in the evening but the sky still has a light vivid pastel blue with clouds scattered like cotton candies. From my bedroom and through its large window which is stretched from the floor to ceiling I can see the rains only when it passes through the light of the lamp posts in the road. But I like watching that too..so I pulled away the curtains had a good view of outside as I lied in my bed with a task to study French but my mind completely going against it.
When I first came here my husband's cousin who used to stay in Abidjan,but now stays in the neighboring country Burkina Faso...told me that with my prolonged stay I will start hating the rain. But with more than 1 month of heavy raining I think I am falling in love with rain all over again. When I was in India I was so busy that watching rain was a luxury to me which I could not afford. I used to watch them only when it rained in the night. I did not close my window even if the splashes of rain wet my room. I loved to be soaked in that wet air and feel the freshness which my urban home has so much deprived me.
Today in the evening I made sandwich using chicken and avocado. It has been a long time since I have eaten one. But my camera's battery died before I could actually pick the pictures of the sandwich. So here is the pictures of the spread that I prepared. Also I wanted it to be a little spicy so added the paprika and cumin powder. But you can easily avoid them.
Chicken Avocado Sandwich
Serves 2
Ingredients:
- 4 pieces of bread
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 onion - thinly slice
- 1/2 tomato - chopped into small piece
- 1 Avocado - sliced into pieces
- A handful of lettuce leaves - cut into medium pieces
- 1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 1 lemon
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander leaves - coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red chili - coarsely chopped
- salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika/red chili powder (optional) (I used paprika)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Method:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the chicken breasts with onion powder,garlic powder, crushed peppercorns,oregano,cumin powder, paprika/chili powder and salt.
- Roast them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time mix the lettuce, avocado, onion and tomato and grated cheese.
- In a cup squeeze the lemon juice.
- Add the chopped coriander, chopped red chili, mayonnaise and olive oil.
- After the chicken has been properly roasted cut them into small bite size pieces.
- Put the chicken pieces into the Avocado, onion and tomato mixture.
- Now drizzle the lemon, olive oil and mayonnaise mixture in them.
- Mix them properly.
- Toast the breads.
- Spread the mixture on the bread and cut from corners.
- Serve hot.




0 Yorumlar