For those of you out there who still occasionally tune into this blog - and you're perfectly entitled to have wandered off to far more active, regularly updated blogs - I just wanted to reassure you that I've not disappeared, or gone into hiding. But my self-imposed exile in the realms of PhD land, is entering my third & final year. The preceding phase of literature reviews, archival research and field interviews is more or less over, and it's time for the rubber to hit the road (excuse the ill-chosen metaphor) and for me to write my thesis. Which is precisely what I've been doing for much of this year...and will continue (hopefully) to do for the next 12-18 months. (For those of you who've forgotten just what exactly I'm writing about, the accompanying photo should give you a clue; otherwise, you'll find all the details
here). And that's why I've been MIA at most local (Melbourne) of recent times - no wonder people don't send me invitations anymore - and why this blog has lain fallow for the last 3 months or so. It hasn't helped that my current web browser(s) don't appear to like Blogger.com, which has prevented me from posting updates. (I'm actually typing this on my smartphone, so God knows if this will work, or what it will look like) But if I can overcome my ham-fisted smartphone keypad typing skills, I might resort to this mobile alternative for future updates. I've recently completed my
mid-candidature review (successfully, thank you for asking), and am now plunging headlong into the next section/chapter of my thesis. But if I need an excuse to take a break from my thesis ( ideally one that doesn't involve repeat trips to the refridgerator), hopefully I might be able to reanimate this blog, and actually post something. Stay tuned
0 Yorumlar