And, I figured if Subway can do a tasty salad, why can't I? It's cheaper, and, once I prep the veggies for the week, I can make it faster than the time I'd be waiting in line to have a stranger make it for me.
BULK INGREDIENTS (pick and choose as your palette sees fit):
- 4-6 oz. lettuce of your choice (I'm a huge fan of romaine blends and get lazy with lettuce and by it pre-cut)
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 green onion bunch, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 pack(?) of cherry tomatoes- I don't know the term, but buy them packaged at the store
- 1 can of black seeded olives
- Lunch meat packages of either turkey, ham, chicken, pepperoni, or something else you like that I'm not thinking of
- Your choice of cheese slices, if not going dairy-free (Lucky You!! I wish I could do the same!!)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
DIRECTIONS:
Chop and prep all of the veggies and open the can of olives. Store everything in small separate tupperware containers in the fridge for the next 5 or so days' use.
When ready to eat lunch, pick out your choice of portion of each veggie. Shred meats and cheeses by hand and place on top.
Drizzle salad with olive oil and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar (I'm only using these terms because I think of drizzling:sprinkling being about the 4:1 ratio that I use).
OTHER TIPS:
You can even get crazy on days you have a little more time and throw in a sliced avocado OR replace the use of lunch meat with egg or tuna salad.

0 Yorumlar